Pages

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Scented Yarns by Buffy Looney Looms

In 2013, I found myself hooked in crochet, pun intended. I hoarded yarns, bought crochet patterns from Etsy and even built an online crochet store. Fortunately, it was due to a customer who made bulk custom orders for his photography studio, that I put my yarn-and-crochet investment into good and profitable use.

My passion for crochet started during my first pregnancy, when I thought I was having a baby girl and fancied on making crochet dresses, shoes and headbands to doll her up. So cute and adorable! Only to find out later on that it was a boy. Nevertheless, the hours I spent watching YouTube crochet tutorials were not in vain and I still consider this a wise investment. Those cute, girly crochet stuff that I imagined to make turned into character hats for my boys.

However, I stopped crochet when life got terribly busy and I pursued other things. That was the time when I felt too tired to make crochet for custom orders (aka pressured and stressed out--I lost my love for the craft.)

Years passed without me thinking of doing this hobby again, but after seeing some of my friends' posts about their crochet projects, my hands felt envious, haha! Something in me was reignited!

So I visited the Facebook page of my go-to yarn store, Yarn Source Manila, and found a link to Buffy Sibayan's account, whom was advertised by Yarn Source as their partner. She has good feedback from her customers that lured me to ordering from her and even referred a friend to order. Ms. Buffy was very accommodating and understanding even when I wasn't able to pay for my lot immediately.

I got this lot for Php350 plus Php165 for the shipping fee via LBC. This consists of 6 sampler yarns weighing 280-300 grams. Not bad for me. It's okay to shell out a few to start doing again something that you have a passion for. At least now, I know how to control myself and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't fall to yarn hoarding again.

It took me several days to get my parcel because my son was hospitalized. A friend of mine took it for me, and when I received it, alright, I proved that everyone of her customers was saying the truth!



The yarns were scented and smelling heavenly! I still have to ask her what perfume did she use, but well, I think this is my first time to smell it and I'm happy for that. It's time to make good memories while crocheting so to associate it with this scent.




There were freebies too. If my projects would be amigurumi or some keychains, they'd all be very useful. I love how Ms. Buffy thought about this.




Meanwhile, I'm still trying to think of what crochet projects will I make. Whatever they are, I'm sure I'm going to do them in a way that is relaxed and passion-driven, not rushed and money-oriented like it used to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment

When It's Hard to Give

The past weeks have been a roller-coaster ride for us. My eldest son fell off the bed and sustained a fracture in his right humerus. It was ...